PDP Exclusives by Rebecca

Monday, June 20, 2011

Nfu Oh Flakies: 56 -- This Stuff Delivers THE SPARKLES!

There really isn't much to say about this polish other than IT. IS. EPIC.

No, really. While I do LOVE me some nail polish, I don't normally go CRAZY for it. Especially for the pricier brands (Yes, I'm a cheapo) -- But when my friend Roxy (who is one of the biggest nail polish lovers I know) told me to check out a hard-to-find brand called NFU Oh, I listened. She means business. :D

I wasn't expecting to buy, honestly (No, really -- I swear it!). I just intended on perusing the website (which is http://www.fabuloustreet.com, by the way). Little did I know that once I viewed a few of their 'Flakies', I wouldn't be able to sleep until I purchased at least one (I literally couldn't sleep. Seriously. I may or may not have issues...).

Moving right along, I knew that I HAD TO HAVE *this one*, which is called NFU Oh Victorian Polish 056 on the website and is in the "Flakies" category (Actually, I also got one of the colors from their Holo line, which is number 065). It was a challenge only choosing two, let me tell you -- But again, for the price (which is $12.50 a bottle with free shipping), I wasn't prepared to go crazy -- Especially on a bunch of polishes that I had not yet tried.

I placed my order mid-week and my package arrived by Saturday. Both polishes arrived neatly packaged with no room for a postal worker vs. nail polish showdown (Sometimes packages don't survive, so this pleased me).

It was evening by the time I realized my package had arrived, but once I saw my polish, I knew there was no way I would be able to wait until the next morning to try it out. So, off I went. :)

Here is a photo of my two beloved NFU Oh polishes -- How cute are the bottles? Um, VERY!

Photobucket


I decided to pair my Nfu Oh 56 with a lovely, dark blue polish I got at CVS last week for 75% off (Winning!). Here's a pic of my nails quickly painted with said blue, which is a Rimmel color called "Midnight Blue":

Photobucket


I couldn't WAIT to put my Flakies over it -- And when I did, I LOVED the results! One, two or even three pictures wouldn't do it -- I chose to photo bomb you!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



This polish gives me the 'mermaid effect' that would take layers and layers of cheaper polishes to achieve. Also, it dries glossy -- very glossy (Another appealing quality, IMO).

The iridescent flakes are extremely sparkly and shift colors in certain lights, as you can probably see from my photos.

Final thoughts: GO BUY THIS POLISH! I assure you, you won't be disappointed. :)

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Muffin said...

Yeah, I definitely need that. Its so.... Beauuuuuutifulllllll *Glazed over look* I need it! :D

MamaSparkles said...

Thanks, Muffin! You totally DO need it!!!!

Jennee said...

Wow - you do have a problem :P

I bet I have so epic-ness you can have. lol.

MamaSparkles said...

It's a disease -- A GLITTERY DISEASE :D